Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Valentine Flourish



Happy Wednesday - I think it's Wednesday anyway - LOL. I've taken on more hours at the Ortho Clinic I am part of, and I seem to lose track of time.

Anyway, my card today is one of my most favorite stamps, I have used in a number of ways, and I'll try to get some posted. Once again, very simple, just a little more layering. The background is done with "Pastel Pink" by Plaid/Apple Barrel Colors acrylic paint on an Inka stamp, and I'm sorry - there's no name on it, but it is a flowered flourish, and then stamped. When I don't have the ink color I want, I will use an acrylic paint. I like it because it usually does not stamp flat - but has peaks, giving it more texture. I went over the sentiment with Stardust Gelly Roll pen, and added pearls. Some of the layers are cut with deckle edge scissors - that' all there is to it. This one was done for the shop here in town.

Have to go - have to get to work.

Take Care, and please try to spend some time doing what you love today - Darlene, I'm thinking of you guys and wish you all the best.

8 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

So sweet, I love the layering and the soft pink color.

Anonymous said...

Your card looks exquisite! Stunning!

Jennifer Scull said...

so soft and pretty!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for the idea of using acrylics on my stamps.

Melyssa said...

Dru this card is sweet! I love the "love" stamp.

Anne said...

You did a great job with the tools-impressive!

Katy Myhre said...

Very pretty Dru. I love to deco edge.

Sara said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love this one, of course it has my favorite color. Great job