Thursday, July 15, 2010

Christmas in July and some news....

My news first - I have been honored by being selected as part of the new DT members for Paper Cupcakes. Nina is the artist and she has some of the cutest digital images around - something for every occasion and personality, and while the cupcakes are really cute - there are many other style images as well. I can't wait to get started! Take a look HERE.

My card for today was made for the Shabby Tea Room Challenge this week "Christmas is July". If you are not familiar with them hop over and take a look - if you like shabby vintage, you'll love these challenges and, there's a lot of inspiration and talent.



The image is from my stash, the Holly DP is by Anna Griffin from Michael's, the CS is Bazzill - also from Michael's, the "JOY" sticker is by Melissa Francis from Emma's Paperie, and the seam binding is from my stash - I look for it at every thrift store I go into. Make sure you read the package, it has to be 100% rayon to make nice bows - once they started making the seambinding from polyester - it's just not the same.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Very pretty card! Love the seam binding! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Congratulations Dru on your new assignment. Your designs are so wonderful it is not hard to see why you were selected. I definitely look forward to see what you create for them. Your Christmas is just stunning. I have to think about my July Christmas cards soon. I did 9 cards in June gotta keep up the pace until November so I have enough.

Debbie said...

An absolutely beautiful creation here -- I {heart} the Anna Griffin DSP!! I carry rayon seam binding all shabbied up in my Etsy Shop (debssimpletreasures.etsy.com) for when your stash runs low!! Thanks for sharing your amazing design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Lisa said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

What a beautiful vintage style card! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute card! I really like the paper and the touches of sparkle and the vintage image. Lovely bow, too.
Congrats on your new DT and thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

Cathy Clark said...

Dru, this Christmas card is to die for! Gorgeous!

Sara said...

Gorgeous Mom!! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! on making the DT!