Thursday, October 27, 2011

Coffee & Cream with a Hint of Dark Chocolate

I have a new love ~ a challenge site that’s a little more me ~ or another side of me anyway. Fashionable Stamping Challenges is challenging us to use the colors: coffee, cream, and dark chocolate along with stamping. I’ve been working on Thanksgiving items and one of my newer cards I found happily fit this challenge. It’s a great site so stop by and take part, there’s still time.

100_5291 (536x640)

The card stock is vintage cream from Papertrey, as is the sentiment from the “Daily Designs” set, and the large stamped leaf flourished image in the background is from Inkadinkado’s “Fall Season” set. I believe the small leaf I stamped under the sentiment is also from Papertrey, the “Fall Elegance” collection (I can’t find it at the moment as my work space looks like a bomb went off in it). The book paper is from an antique book I found at the thrift store, the vintage trim is a flea market find from a few years back, crinkled seam binding is my own.

Take care friends.

Dru

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Delighted you like the challenge site so much and that you joined in the fun Dru.
Beautiful use of the colours and I love the vintage feel to your card.
Wishes
Lynne

Mrs.B said...

So glad you like our Challenge and this is a beautiful card. The lovely colours you have used give it a wonderful vintage feel.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, hope to see you next time.
Avril

Cazro said...

So pleased you like our challenge blog, hopefully we will see you again at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. your card is a beautiful vintage style, I love your lace and the bow. Caz

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great, that you like our challenge blog, hope you'll take part again. Your card looks wonderful, love all the elements on it.
Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Gisèle said...

Beautiful, vintage card Dru...I really enjoy that site also...

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is breathtaking Dru!

Payne Holler Cards said...

always eye candy in here! you nailed their challenge...hope i get to visit them

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Dru, your card is breathtaking! Just so vintage. So glad you found and joined us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge. Best, Yvonne