Friday, October 31, 2008

House Mouse Monday Challenge


Happy Friday everyone. It's windy and rainy here is South Lake Tahoe and we are expecting approximately 6" of snow by tomorrow evening. Our first real snow of the season if in fact it happens. The mountains, as I'm sure many of you know, have their own mind and do as they please when they please. I love hearing the wind blow and seeing the movement of the trees. My aspen which was full of all of its leaves yesterday - is now bare - but in my mind that also has a beauty of its own.

Anyway, my post today is for the [url=http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com/]House Mouse Blog Monday Challenge[/url]again. Please check it out, there is so much talent on this blog and the stamps of course are just adorable. This week the challenge was "Au Naturale". I have only 3 house mouse stamps currently. I have ordered some more but it will be awhile since they are on back order, and I have also joined a couple of swaps on Splitcoast Stampers to get more, but that also will be awhile. In the meantime I have to work with what I've got, so I am somewhat limited and therefore not totally inspired. This is a very simple look - I'm thinking it could have had a little more pizazz, but in the end - I actually like simple.

I stamped House Mouse "Candy Cane Dreams" onto Kraft CS (very natural looking)from PaperTrey, and used a red Sharpie marker to color the candy canes. I used Prismacolor pencils for the mouse, then adhered the image to red CS from a Michael's paper pack, and trimmed closely all around. My base is the same red CS in a top fold standard A2 size. I cut a Kraft CS mat 1/8" less all around, punched a decorative corner with Fiskers "Heritage" corner punch, attached red brads in each top corner. I hand wrote the sentiment in my red Sharpie and went over it with a glitter Gelly Roll pen from Sakura (I love those pens - they add just the right amount of glitter), and adhered to my card, then adhered the image panel to the card.

I then used a paper piercing tool from Ellen Hutson LLC (see link in sidebar) and pierced 3 holes on each side and threaded hemp cording through, taping the ends to the inside of the care. I covered the ends by using another piece of CS.

I hope you like it. I'll post again soon, I have more bear photos to share. They are so cute - they're out a lot right now preparing for winter. It won't be long before we will not see them again for several months - and then they will be bringing new babies.

I just did a preview of my post and see that the link I added into the text doesn't seem to be working right. If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong, please let me know. Anyway, the link to the House Mouse Blog is also in the sidebar.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend. I've got to get the last of my bulbs in before the snow fall.

21 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

cute card! let me know is you would like me to send you some HM stamped images. I have PLENTY of mousies at my housie!! :) but really, just let me know.

and thanks for letting us know about the HM challenge. I played for the first time this week and really loved it! I'll definitely be doing it again!

eviledna said...

LOVE the subtle colouring on this card. It didn't need any pizzaz, it's gorgeous enough as it is.
Take care and keep smiling
Ann

Darlene said...

What a cute card Dru ... it has just enough pizazz for me!!
I love how you described the weather out there ... I could actually visualize it as I read it! We had snow flurries here in NE Ohio the other day but now they're predicting mid 60's all week. Can't wait to see the bear photos ... how cool is that!! Bear in the backyard ...

Anne said...

Very sweet! enjoy you snow! We had a short lived inch a couple days ago-very out of season for us!

Unknown said...

I love this card!!

I am a big House Mouse fan, too, and buy most of my HM stamps from www.rkstamps.com. They have a great selection, great prices and super fast shipping.

Unknown said...

This mouse looks so cozy! Really cute!

Gina Lindsay said...

I really like the card. I don't have any of those stamps (yet) but after seeing all your cards I think I need to add them to my wish list.

Enjoy your snow. We went to Lake Tahoe on our honeymoon and there was tons of snow. I loved it.

Carmen said...

I think the little mouse stamps are cute but I don't have any. You did a great job on this card!

Lori Barnett said...

I haven't seen that stamp before! Totally cute! I think I might need to hunt one of those down for myself :) I love the color choices you used. And the stitching on the side is awesome. Glad you got to play the challenge with us this week. :)

Sara said...

I love the way this turned out mom-great job-TFS

Conni said...

oh, I really like this one, super job!!
C

Amy J said...

What a sweet card. Makes me want to snuggle in with slipper and some cocoa!

Amy J

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute!

Cazzy said...

That is lovely, great how you stitched the string at the edges.

Els G. said...

Love your card!
Els
x

Carolyn Bounds said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Your colored this image magnificently!!! The candy canes look real enough to eat, and your mousie is absolutely adorable:O) I love it!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I love everything about your House Mouse card...it is soooo cute. Let me know if you want to do a swap with House Mouse (I am finally getting into them)

mycardz said...

Oooo...this is stunning! I love the layout and how it all fits together so well! Great job once again! :)

Katy Myhre said...

Cute card! I love house mouse designs they are so cute (on paper that is lol).

Katy Scs Grp

Joanne said...

What a sweet card! I love it.

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a sweet House Mouse stamp!!! Wow snow sounds nice and cozy to me (: Perfect for making Christmas cards. Have fun!