Thursday, November 6, 2008

Triple Challenge


Good Thursday Morning to all. This post is for 3 challenges all in one. My time is so limited I thought I would try this and I think it came out o.k. The first challenge is for our SCS Blogger Group Challenge #1 hosted by Sara. She wanted us to use polka dots and ribbon. I just bought this pretty polka dot DP and was happy to have an opportunity to use it right away. Check out the "My Talented SCS Blog Group" on the left in the sidebar to see what they have put together.

The 2nd challenge is for the House Mouse Blog Monday Challenge (link is in sidebar). We were suppose to follow a recipe of ribbon, 2 buttons, felt, and a scalloped edge -I have it all. To get the 2 buttons on I stacked them and tied them with the ribbon. My felt is the flower (it's not really felt, but it was all I had without driving 40 minutes, so it will have to do - I'm not going to bore you with how I tried to make the flower out of a piece of felt - lol).

The third challenge is for SplitCoast Stampers Sketch Challenge 201. Have you taken part in any of these? They're great fun. That link is also in the side bar. Please try it out.

Supplies:
CS - Pink and Cream from Michael's paper pack, Brown is from Bazzil
DP - Neopolitan Confetti by K & Co
Stamps - Birthday Cupcake by House Mouse
Ink - Grey by Marvy Matchables
Accents - Pink Stickles by Ranger,ribbon by Martha Stewart from Michael's, Flower is Bling Blossom by Imagenisce, buttons are from my stash, I chalked the flower with I Kan Dee by Pebbles, Inc., Prismacolor pencils, baby oil to blend, and a brown Sharpie for the icing.

Hope you like it, have a great day, and try to spend at least some time today doing what you love and that makes you happy.

Take Care

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is magnificent to have all three challenges on your card. Truly wonderful. I love your card.

Sara said...

Very cute mom, great job doing 3 in 1. Love you

Jennifer Scull said...

wowzers! what a great card! and I sure don't blame you for not driving for a piece of felt. maybe you'll find a few in the package I am going to send you! ;)

Emma said...

Great card Dru and i love how you have managed to combine the challenges (i struggle if i try and do more than 2......lol). x

Mephisto said...

Wonderful Card!

Domi

Amy J said...

You did a great job pulling in all those challenges! Cute card!

Darlene said...

This is adorable ... congrats on covering 3 challenges on this one!! I'll have to check out that blog group! And your advice to do something I love ... well, I'm doing it right now ... keeping in touch and encouraging my friends!! GREAT work Dru!!

Unknown said...

Great job with doing all 3 challenges with one card!!! Great card and I just love that sketch!!! TFS!

Joanne said...

Nicely done!

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is one yummy card!!! I really like the scrumptious papers, and the image is making me crave cupcakes:o) You definitely cooked up one sweet card! Love it!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Kryssi said...

good job killing 3 birds with one stone. :)

Gina Lindsay said...

He is so cute laying across that cupcake! Combining three challenges is great, I would have forgotten something.

Unknown said...

This is really cute! I have a similar HM stamp with a cupcake. TFS!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, this is so adorable!! I love the color combo.

Danielle's Designs said...

Great job on combining all the challenges.....

Conni said...

doesn't it just make your day when you can use one card for a few challenges!!! Great card
C