Friday, November 13, 2009

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String....

....those are the words that jumped out at me for the Favorite Things Challenge for Flourishes this month. I've been working a lot with Kraft paper lately because it's just so organic. I've also enjoyed working with recycled grocery bags and that is what I have used on this, along with button twine, gold embossing, etc. The wreat stamp and sentiment are from Flourishes "Christmas Wreath" set and the music background stamp is from their "Christmas Music" set. The wreath is gold embossed and then watercolored - loved working with this image. The set comes with a larger one also - perfect for a card focal point.



Along with that, the Cards blog for Scrapbook Trends Magazine is having a challenge to create Thanksgiving place cards. I love sweet little cards like this - although I'm not sure I'll be making 7 more for our dinner - maybe - I would love to have the time. Anyway, this is what I have created. The 2nd view shows more of the glitter.




I used Kraft paper, Fern Leaf & Chocolate (I think that's the name) vintage buttons, and button twine from Papertrey. The stamped border is a stamp from Crafty Secrets Mini Memories, the name is computer generated with Chopin Script, and the pinked text is from a very old book I found at the thrift store - I love this text and cannot seem to stop using it.

As a side note, I also received some very good news last night. A card I just submitted to "Cards" was picked up for the April 2010 publication. I am honored and humbled at the same time oh yes, and greatly excited!

Take care, have a wonderful day and try to spend at least a little time doing what you love.

13 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

What gorgeous creations! Isn't it funny how some brown paper and string can still make a tag and name card look so elegant? Love them all Dru!

Charmingdesigns said...

Your work is so gorgeous. I love the tree ornament that you made for you friend. Do you make the accordion round part to?

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I adore your work, Dru!

JazzyH said...

Cute creations!

Gina Lindsay said...

WOW those place cards are so pretty and would be great on a Thanksgiving table. Very pretty projects!

Cindy said...

What wonderful projects you have created!! Imagine, brown paper!!

Sara said...

WOO HOO, congrats mom!!!! Love your tag and placecards, their great!!!

The Wired Angel said...

Congratulations Dru!! You deserve it with all of your beautiful creations. I love this idea of using grocery bags.. very creative!! Hugs from here to there, Peggy

Vicki said...

Oh Dru, such wonderful projects! Love the colors and accents! Congrats on your card getting published! How exciting! Blessings to you!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Dru, these are just lovely projects. I am really appreciating the Kraft cardstock also as the neutral in projects. I like the warmth of it as opposed to white or vanilla. Your work is so inspiring. I enjoy visiting your blog.

Payne Holler Cards said...

such inspiration! who would of thought a brown bag could look so good LOL...so nice to have place cards!
saw you were published - big woooo hooooo to you!!!!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Sweet........Great use of the bells..... Now I know what I can do with the many I have...LOL

Unknown said...

I love these! Congrats on being published!!!