Friday, June 3, 2011

City Crafter Challenge and Card Patterns

This weeks challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog is “Back to Basics” and we’re challenged to use paint and cardboard in our project…

Talk about perfect! I was working on patriotic cards and thinking of using some of my peeled cardboard I used at Christmas to make ornaments as part of the design. I love the earthy organic feel of peeling and painting this element, and this challenge tipped the scales in that direction. I also used the Card Patterns Sketch 117 found HERE….

And my project…

100_4769 (611x800)

Take care friends, Dru

9 comments:

Sharon xx said...

ooo this is lovely, vintage American, I love it
Sharon xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beauty!! thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

whoistracy said...

How pretty! Love the two big bows you added. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Ros said...

This is sooooo beautiful ... I love the cardboard and paint ... it really looks great with the image and your choice of papers ... thanks so much for playing along with us again at CCCB

Annette_Marlow said...

Preeeetty! I love this, being a military wife this really grabs at me... shoot just being an American this calls to me! I really enjoy the vintage look!

Unknown said...

Dru this is a stunner, so in love with your image and concept! May I suggest you run and enter it at the Kraft Journal? it just fits perfectly wit their challenge
this is the link:
http://thekraftjournal.blogspot.com


Milagros

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. Perfect for our challenge this week.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Scrapping Julie said...

SUPURB!!!!!!

cnelson said...

So darling! LOVE that sweet image!
Thanks for joining us at CCCB!