Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crafy Secrets Challenge


This weeks Crafty Secrets Challenge was to make a card honoring friendships, and add some sparkle. I made this card "Missing You Girlfriend" for my best friend of almost 40 years. We see each other maybe once every 2-3 years now as we live so far apart and our lives are very busy. We stay in touch by telephone calls and cards to one another - this seemed perfect.

I placed a Crafty Secrets DP from their Pastel Pack onto a pink top folded card base, then ran a black panel through my Cuttlebug using the "Textile" embossing folder and adhered to the DP panel and edged it in Silver Stickles by Ranger. I edged the image from the Crafty Secrets Wacky and Wonderful Vintage Image Booklet in Silver Stickles, adhered it to a black mat, then a pink mat, then a dp mat, punched a hole on both sides, thread my ribbon through and tied a knot. It was very simple and quick - quick only because I pretty much had the idea going around in my head for a couple of days before I even began.

I hope you like it, let me know what you think. Please visit often - I love hearing from you.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Very pretty mom, I know aunt Judy will love it-Sara

Gina said...

This is a very pretty card, such nice colors. TFS.

Amy Johnson said...

Very pretty cards. I love the colors and the embossing. 40 years is a long time to have a friendship, you must have met in grammar school. Too bad you can't see each other more often.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This card is just so, so pretty! Your friend is going to just be overwhelmed with you kindness!! GREAT job!!