Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthday Card for Justin


Good Morning, and Happy Sunday. What a nice quiet day it is here. My husband is still sleeping with our sleepover guest Cujo - a 7 mo. baby bulldog, and is he ever cute!! I'll post pics of him later. You're gonna love his mug! It's overcast, and gathering wind off and on. We're suppose to be headed for several days of rain and snow, but of course this is the mountains and they have a mind of their own so we'll just have to wait and see

Anyway, my nephew's birthday was a few weeks ago - I know, I'm always late and I try to convince all the kids how cool it is to have 2 birthdays, because it's not likely that at my age I'm going to change all that much. Justin loves snowboarding and I just had to use this Fluffles - I love Fluffles. Nothing really hard about this, really straightforward. I used Blue Fun Circles by K & Co., accented with stickles and added zig zag stitching, a punched snowflake by EK Success, and a button. Really, the image is what makes this card. The sentiment is from one of those $1. packages at Michael's. And as a side note - the coloring of the image IRL is much closer to the colors of the cardstock. The way this photographed it doesn't really look very coordinated, but it is - oh well, happy day.

The other really fun thing I want to pass onto all of you visiting is Pink Saturday. Have you heard of it? Well, if not, hop on over and take a look. It's just a fun thing to do. Each week you post something "Pink" for a Saturday post. If you head on over to the site, you'll get all instruction. It does not have to be something handmade, it can be anything just as long as it's pink. I thought it sounded like great fun and something besides always doing handmade. Take a look and see what you think.

I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday. Try to spend at least a little time doing what you love. Take care.

3 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

Very cute, the colors are great. I think it's hard to make boy cards so great job.

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute!

Sara said...

Super cute, I'm sure he will love it, and I don't know about him, but you've got my kids thinking that 2 birthdays, holidays-anything, is the greatest ever!!!
Love you