Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Monday again.....



Mondays come around fast don't they??? I hope you all had a peaceful and relazing weekend. I went shopping on Sunday for card stock. Last week I stopped by our lss now mind you, I stop by there probably a couple of times a week and had been there earlier in the week) well, there was a sign on the door "We are closed", apologizing for the abruptness of the departure, and the next day the moving van was there loading up. I did get in touch with one of the employees and was told it was due to economics. It's so sad for them and all of us up here, because now the closest place to drive for supplies is about 40 minutes away depending on traffic and weather conditions - no more running to the store for a bit of this or that. So anyway that's how I spent my Sunday - stocking up. It was good though - Michael's still had their card stock that is normally .59 on sale 4/1.00 - I bought a ton.

Enough complaining. I thought maybe you would like to see something different from what I've been posting lately - sorry about that, but it's what my shop in town wants and get this - she told me I actually have a following now, that comes in asking for my cards, etc. and wants to know when I'm bringing more. That's a good thing, but I kind of get stuck in that particular vein. My card today is one I love and did several months back, but never posted to my blog. The image is from Crafty Secrets and the poem is one of my favorites. I had to fiddle with it a bit to get it to print where I wanted it on my dp - the ribbon is from Costco. I hope you enjoy seeing something different, and I will try to get back into more of the challenges so I have something interesting. Take care, and have a wonderful Monday.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that is such a beautiful card! I love it. I am so sorry about your lss closing, that is so sad.

Carmen said...

I am so sorry to hear about your LSS, sign of the times unfortunately. The card is stunning!

Amy J said...

Wow, to have people asking for your cards?! How cool is that?! And Costco sells ribbon? - Must go look now! Great card!

Sara said...

Beautiful card mom, and I'm so sad that the LSS closed I was so looking forward to going in a couple of weeks-love you

Unknown said...

It is always a pleasure to see what you have created. Bummer about the store closing.

Gina Lindsay said...

It's good to have a following! Very pretty card. Sorry about the store closing, that's sad.

Anne said...

very pretty-sorry about your store-you can always order on line or from SU!, our scrap book store went out too.

Jennifer Scull said...

I am sorry to hear about your LSS closing. I know how devastating that can be, as it has happened to me several times, sadly. but woooooo hoooooo that you have groupies!!!!!!!!! way cool, chickadee!!!
pretty card, too! ;)