Friday, March 13, 2009

Thank You


I'm sure most if not all of you are familiar with Flourishes. They have the most amazing products. I don't have a lot, but what I do have I truly love. They are having a release party tonight on Splitcoast in their forum from 8-10 Central time to release some truly lovely stamp sets. If you haven't seen any of them just follow this link to the Flourishes Newsletter for the details. And, not only are they releasing new stamp sets, they are now carrying papers by Jenni Bowlin - if you like vitage - you'll love these - thank goodness for PayPal and/or ATM cards.

So the card I've done today is for their challenge - Getting Sentimental! The challenge is to use one of their sentiments as the focal point, and so I have used the Thank You sentiment and also the Background Script from the Thank You set. When a paper is beautiful to me, I try to cover as little of it as possible and still hopefully make it interesting. I stamped the Script in a light pink on the background, attempting to make it subtle so as to not take away from the paper itself. In my attempt to not cover much of the paper, sometimes I lack interest, so I decided to try a MS open butterfly punch, and added stickles, a pearl, and 2 rhinestones along with my ribbon treatment, then I decided on a paper pierce look in the top left corner - it's not really paper pierced - I used my tracing wheel to run the lines, but I do like the effect. I had a hard time getting a good photograph of it, still not completely satisfied, but after at least a dozen pics, I decided that it was good enough.

Have a lovely Friday and stop by the Flourishes Forum at Splitcoast tonight 8-10 Central time.

2 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

Gorgeous! That paper is beautiful, you did a good job showcasing it. I love the ribbon too.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Some day I hope to own Flourish stamp sets. I have some of their images from other wrak members but to design for them...ooh la la!