Friday, December 5, 2008

Vintage Santa




First off - If I've left you a message that I have something for you on my blog, please go to the next post for Dec. 2nd - thanks.

In case I haven't said it before - I LOVE anything and everything vintage. I have been collecting since I was a little girl, and now - well - I have a lot, and I STILL keep on collecting. More is more is more in my book. In the past few years I have collected quite a few vintage images and post cards.

Today's cards use vintage images, were made for the shop in town and again are very easy. I cut a standard A2 size top folded card, and rounded the bottom corners. I gold embossed pine boughs from Impression Obsession on the front and some inside to finish it off (I also gold embossed "Merry Christmas" from Stampendous in the inside) The vintage image is mounted on paper I made by painting CS with gold metallic paint, and while still wet sprinkled on super fine gold glitter (LOVE this look)and then glued to the front of the card - done! Quick and easy - the only time is spent waiting for the paint to dry.

Have a great day - and try to spend at least some time today doing what you love.

Take Care,

4 comments:

Sara said...

These are absolutely beautiful!!!

Darlene said...

These are both GORGEOUS Dru! Love the background you have made to really make the images pop!!

Katy Myhre said...

I love the embossed braches. Very Pretty

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! If I ever get time I will have to CASE some of your cards. Where do you get your images?