Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Celebrate Freedom America...

...no, this is not a political post. I am priviledged to be able to create cards and tags, etc. for one of Lake Tahoe's South Shore gift shops, Lake Tahoe Holidays. She really does have the most beautiful shop in town - if you are ever up this way it will be well worth a stop. I go in there just to be around all the beautiful items she carries. She has something for every holiday and occasion along with having this amazingly great eye for decor. Her prices are unbelieveable - she feels as I do - to always have something beautiful and affordable for every budget. In these times, that's even more important. You will love it if you ever get up this way, I believe some of you live nearby, and then of course this IS one of the vacation hot spots.

Not only that, but she stretches me - things that I have wanted to "find" the time for are now something I "will" find the time for because she has requested them for her shop. One of the new items Keri has requested is a banner (and now several more) for her Americana section, along with Halloween, babies, etc. So here is the first of many to come. I had such fun putting this together for her. I was not company specific on this. I used supplies from Crafty Secrets, Prima, ScrapSmart, Michael's, etc. etc. The banner spells out "Freedom". Next time I would like to use a little more stamping, and have already made some purchases.

The first photo is of the center focal point



The entire center focal point




The left side



The right side



And then the full view - sorry, I don't have a good place to hang this right now, so I had to use my table



Hope you like it! If you are interested in making banners, I will be creating and posting some smaller ones as well. Along with the banners, She has requested paper crowns for brides and birthday parties. I'm very excited as I love new challenges and as I said before I have been wanting to create some of these very things.

Take care, have a wonderful day, and try to spend at least a little time doing what YOU love and/or spending time with someone you love.

10 comments:

Becky said...

This is a lovely banner.

Carmen said...

OOOOOHHHHHH I want to make one too! How did you get the triangles right? I try cutting them free hand but I am a horrible scissor cutter LOL I can't cut a straight line to save my life let alone a line that needs to be angled?!?!?!?! hahaha Your banner is fab!

Sara said...

Oh my goodness mom, this is gorgeous!!! I'm so in love with it. Gonna have to try one-love you

Unknown said...

great banner!

Anne said...

This is fabulous Dru! no one does this collage style like you!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic and such a great idea. Congrats on spreading your wings. I am sure you will be able to pull off whatever she requests. You are so talented.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I can't wait to see more of your banners! This one is perfect!

Gina Lindsay said...

great job with the banner, looks great

Terri said...

Very cool. Thanks for stopping by my blog and welcoming me to Pink Saturday too.

Lesly said...

Wowsers! This is fabulous. Can't wait to see more.