Sunday, May 24, 2009

To My Secret Sister...


This is a box I made for our Secret Sister Challenge in our Blog Group for the Designing D.I.V.A.S on SCS. Our challenge was to create a box - something we had not done before. Only problem - I forgot that little point, and actually, most boxes I have made before, so here it is. The DP is from Websters Pages, the center medallion inspiration came from a tutorial by Alesha Wells here on SCS. I just bought the MS Arch Lattice punch at Michael's last night and thought it would work great in place of the scallops - I really like it a lot. Thanks Alesha for the inspiration and tutorial. The sentiment is from the Verve "Fairy Tales" set, pearls are from Ellen Hutson, LLC., and the ribbon is from Flourishes. I also cut out a piece of chip board and covered it with DP to put in the bottom for a little more stability. The box pattern is from Cutting Cafe, and I'm not telling what's inside.

Hope all of you are having a great weekend. We're going to BBQ later and I'm making potato salad and corn on the cob. YUM! Take care, and try to spend at least a little time doing what YOU love.


_____________________

7 comments:

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colors and the ribbon is just lovely.

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dru! Thanks for the links ... I'll be check them out!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very nice, I love the colors, and that ribbon is great.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the paper and the sentiment.

Sara said...

oh mom, this is gorgeous, I love your new punch

Katy Myhre said...

Very pretty!I love the colors

Unknown said...

You are so talented!